Burley Woodhead English Hub is delighted to announce the dates of our phonics and early reading half day showcases. Places on events in the current academic year are now sold out, however, dates for next year will be added below.
The free showcase events are designed for us to work in partnership with you to evaluate what is working well in your current phonics and early reading teaching, and what you could introduce to ensure all children become confident readers.
Outline of the morning:
- Research-based approach to reviewing your current practice in school,
- Opportunities to see phonics being taught and then applied through decodable books,
- Practical activities and sharing of good practice by Literacy Specialists from across Bradford and North Yorkshire,
- Review of resources available to teach phonics and early reading,
- Support with action planning (supply cover can be funded by the Hub to cover costs) with potential to access funding for further training and resources,
- Follow up email/telephone conversation with one of our Literacy Specialists following the event.
Who should attend?
One Headteacher / senior leader and one reception/KS1 teacher with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic, synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (2 members of staff per school)
Future showcase events will be listed below, when available.