Burley Woodhead English Hub is delighted to announce the dates of our phonics and early reading half day showcases for 2021-22.
The free showcase events are designed for us to work in partnership with you to evaluate what is working well in your current phonics and early reading teaching, and what you could introduce to ensure all children become confident readers.
Attendance at the DfE funded showcase event provides school with the following:
- Research-based approach to reviewing your current practice in school,
- Opportunities to see phonics being taught and then applied through decodable books,
- Practical activities and sharing of good practice by Literacy Specialists from across Bradford and North Yorkshire,
- Review of resources available to teach phonics and early reading,
- Potential to access a free 1 day audit of you schools phonics and early reading provision for those school who meet certain DfE criteria,
- Potential to access funding for further training and resources for those school who meet certain DfE criteria,
- Follow up conversation with one of our Literacy Specialists following the event and submission of a showcase response form.
Who should attend?
One Headteacher / senior leader and one reception/KS1 teacher with an interest in improving the teaching of systematic, synthetic phonics, practising phonics through decodable books and implementing the teaching of phonics into reading sessions (2 members of staff per school)
Dates and locations:
- Wednesday 6th October 2021 9am—12.30pm Burley Woodhead Primary School, LS29 7RQ.
- Tuesday 23rd November 2021 9am-12.30pm Newby Primary School, BD5 7DQ.
- Wednesday 12th January 2022 9am—12.30pm Burley Woodhead Primary School, LS29 7RQ.
- Mill Hill Primary School, DL6 1AE - date to be confirmed
To register you interest in attending one of our free showcase events please click https://forms.gle/i96dDGYewe1fT9729