Unlocking the Reading Framework
This FREE showcase is an opportunity to develop your knowledge and understanding of the Reading Framework, see practice in action, reflect on your own practice and develop an action plan for improvement.
The session will cover:
- The importance of reading and a conceptual model
- Language comprehension
- Word reading and spelling
- Children at risk of reading failure
- Leadership and management
- Building on the foundations with older pupils
Lesson visits will include:
- Reception - language rich environment and effective adult interactions
- Year 1 - reading practice sessions
- Year 2 - developing fluency
- Year 4 - explicit teaching of comprehension skills
- Year 5 - using dialogic talk to support reading development
Who should attend?
- Senior Leaders
- Reading Leaders
- English Leaders
When and Where?
Wednesday 5th July 2023 8.30am to 3.00pm at Burley Woodhead CE Primary School LS29 7RQ
To register your interest please click here